Saturday 22 May 2010

More scrap pictures

Justin sent me these pictures of some further scrap being cut up for weighing in. However, these are quite sad as it's the first time a sort-of historic item has met the cutter's torch.


The green object on it's side is Druid's original cab. Now don't get me wrong, this is not part of the locomotive any more and will never be again. But it is still a semi-historic item and it was sad to see it cut up. It is really a sad reflection of the society we live in that we were resorted to this, rather then risk it being stolen by being left outside in the yard.
The sad sight of Druid towing it's former cab, now in flat pack form, in the scrap wagon.
And if you thought the subject of the pictures couldn't get any worse, here is me driving the Little Ruston. Its not often I get included in photos on here or the website, as its usually me behind the lens.



No comments:

Post a Comment