Sunday 30 May 2010

30th May

Today, I started off using Odin, but this only managed one trip, as it was suffering from problems with it's air supply, and the radiator has developed quite a leak.

There isn't supposed to be water dripping out of this bit, So Odin had to come off for repairs.


So instead, I used Atlas, which ran well all day. Passenger numbers were a steady stream, never enough to fill the train, but we were not sitting around waiting for custom.

This is what we have to put up with sometimes. Two young gentlemen (early teens, perhaps) were spotted on the track, they ran up it and put some of our signs across the track. I took this photo as evidence of what they'd been up to in case they had done anything else more criminal. It makes me wonder how stupid they really are though, they outran a small 1943 diesel engine, put a sign across the track (was that meant to derail us?) and wrapped the chain loosly around the point levers, and what is this meant to prove?? Anyway, whatever thrill they get out of it, I hope they've had their fill of it now and leave us alone.

I thought I'd include a photo of the battery electric actually working isntead of just standing around, Here is is shunting the skip wagons away, with my Dad grinning like a madman.
Also today, some more scrap has been gathered. I'm told we have made enough money from the scrap now to pay for the Muir Hill's wheels, and a few more loads and we'll have enough for it's axleboxes as well.
The O&K's gearbox has been lifted out of the frames again to fit the oil drain to the new sump.
And that is all, we'll be back at the railway tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment